Friday, October 10, 2008

the full circle of life...in one day

Yesterday. What a day...

First of all, Tom's cousin Que Henderson passed away this last weekend and we attended his funeral yesterday. It has been such a devastating tragedy for all the Henderson family, but the service was beautiful, really inspiring and emotional. I was amazed at the strength of his family, especially his parents, who I'm sure are feeling grief I can't even comprehend. My heart has been broken into a million pieces for them. This has been a great reminder to me of how we need to cherish the time we have with our loved ones, and to love them openly, every minute we are with them. You just never know what tomorrow can bring. Que was such a great kid and he will be missed by so many. I pray for peace and comfort to all those involved as time goes on. Here is his obituary...

James Quentin "Que" Henderson 1991 ~ 2008
Our beloved son, grandson, brother, and uncle returned home to his Heavenly Parents on Friday, October 3, 2008.Que was born on August 5, 1991 to James Jay and Wendy Wood Henderson. Que was a sports enthusiast and he especially enjoyed spending time on the golf course with his Dad. He also had a passion for learning, which was portrayed by his academic excellence. Que is a loving, kind, gentle and intelligent young man that is, and will continue to be, greatly missed by all who knew him. Que is survived by his parents, Jim and Wendy; his siblings, Josie (Micah), Allie (Mitch), Jordan and Lindsey; his two nephews, Jackson and Creighton; his great grandma, Roene Wood; his grandparents, Rick and Lynda Rowley and Larry and Della Wood; and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Secondly, as we were at the funeral remembering the life of a loved one lost, another little life was coming into this world. The timing of it all, all in the same moment, was emotional for me; a coincidence I'm sure was nothing close to coincidence. It was a refreshing reminder to me that in this life where we can feel so much pain, the joy comes in equal- if not greater- bounds. A reminder that life goes on and hope is never lost. A reminder we all needed at that funeral.
Ben and Whitney (my brother and sister in law) welcomed their little angel girl at 3:43pm. We couldn't be happier for them or more excited to have this little girlie in our family. Congrats you guys! She is BEAUTIFUL and we're so glad it all went so well. And thanks for bringing such a happy ending to a broken day...

Stella Mae Henderson
7 lbs. 4oz. 19 inches long

3 comments:

Barb said...

I have always thought that births and deaths are the same, just the feelings on each side of the veil are reversed. I hope that Tom's family can feel a little of the hope and joy that must be awaiting Que on the other side.

Waltman said...

Congratulations to Ben and Whitney on the arrival of Stella. I'm so glad you posted this. I have been wondering when this was going to happen. She's adorable and what a cute family. I can't wait to see you all and the new babies at Christmas! You're next...

Lael said...

What a wonderful tender mercy that little Stella Mae arrived on Thursday. I am so happy for your whole family. One of my favorite quotes from William Penn says in part, "...the truest end of life is to know that Life never ends." Stella's arrival is a sweet reminder of that. There is such a quiet and uplifting strength in families that stick together no matter what the circumstance. The memories shared on Thursday were a wonderful tribute to the truth that Families truly are forever through the Atonement of our loving Savior. We have so much to look forward to when we see Que again.