Thursday, October 30, 2008

the first week...

So things have been awesome. I can honestly say I am happier than I've ever been in my entire life. I can't believe how much I love Drew, how much I still love Hazel and how much more I love Tom. Life literally could not be any better! Hazel is adjusting better than we thought and she has been really sweet with her little brother. She loves to try and put in his binki, try and give him food and kiss his little head. She has tried to poke his eyes out and jam her finger up his nose more than a few times, but luckily this kid is mellow and is unfazed by the chaos surrounding Hazel [noise and all!]. I think we have said the word "soft" about 1.5 billion times since we've been home, though. And while there have been a few times she's thrown a tantrum when I feed him and I can't go with her to play, she seems to be understanding a bit more each day how all this is going to work. This is all with Tom here though, so we'll see what happens when he goes back to work and I'm all she has and I'm tied up. Wish us luck! (:
Drew is simply wonderful. He is a champion eater and sleeper and has just the most calm, sweetest spirit about him. He is a really good baby. And the best part of all, he is a total snuggler. It's absolute heaven. Tom thinks the only reason I don't get sleep at night is because I want to stay up and snuggle him all night long. He could be right. (: I am just absolutely in love with this little boy. Things have gone so well and we honestly could not be any happier or feel more blessed in our lives right now. Thanks to everyone who has shown their love by visiting, bringing food, or just texting a congrats. It means so much to have the people around us as excited about our little guy as we are. And I want to thank Tom in particular for being the absolute PERFECT husband and father through this whole thing. There is no one in the universe I would rather do this with than him. Thanks a billion times over for all you do T...I love you!!

our little man

Drew gave Hazel a new kitchen when he came home from the hospital...she loves it!

My 3 favorite people
I was so happy to get home and be with both my kids [I missed Hazel soo much!]

Just checking out her new brother
Hazel seems so big to me now...look at the size difference and they aren't even 2 years apart!

Yes, hazel has already tried to give him a cheeto
...and whenever he cries, she thinks the binki is the solution
Drew and his cousin Stella...they were born exactly 2 weeks apart. So fun..

8 comments:

Brittany said...

He is already toooooo big!!! I miss you guys!!

I LOVE the pic of you and your kids - it's just so sweet and homey and personal. And weird that you have kidS, plural.

By the way, was Hazel a chef for Halloween? Or can we get some of those photos (since I know you have TONS of free time right now).

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

He is so stinkin cute! I love the picture of Drew and Hazel laying by each other. To precious!!!

JenErik said...

He is darling. My sisters always said they loved having a little girl, but when a boy came along it's like they have a little boyfriend to cuddle with and love. It makes me want another one! :) You're beautiful.

Kate said...

great pics! so glad to hear you are so happy!

Waltman said...

I'm so glad everything is going so well! What a love he is...oh I wish we could see him it makes me want to cry. And thanks for posting a pic of Stella (again) I have been wondering what she looks like and she looked just like Ben in that picture. Miss you guys!

Kim and Steve said...

after Hazel being a tough(but wonderful)baby...you deserve an easier one!!! I am soooo glad feeding is going well...ouch.

I'm A said...

He is so beautiful. Congratulations.

Amy's blog said...

Alisa, He is perfect! I miss those first few weeks of being a mom. I'd say those were probably my most spiritual days of my life. I'm so happy for you guys! You have such a beautiful family! By the way, I saw Cat the other day and we decided that in like a month or so, once things are slightly settled for you, we are going to come and see you! I love your guts!