Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hangin' Tough In Chicago

THIS:
EQUALS THIS:

YES, I went to Chicago to see a New Kids On The Block Concert. YES I was 9 months pregnant with my second child. YES I am 24 years old and they are in their 40's. And YES I had the time of my life...

A couple weekends ago, I took a trip back in time with my two sisters and my two cousins to revisit one of the biggest phases of our pre-teen years- the infamous New Kids obsession. We had so much fun it's ridiculous...we toured Chicago [mostly they did, while I sat home with my feet up], watched old NKOTB videos from the 80's [haven't laughed that hard in years...the overalls, the braided tails, the wind machine, the running man, and Jon, dear Jon...I would say what were they thinking, but in reality, what were we thinking???], we unintentionally terrified Sophie [stranger anxiety at it's best], ate yummy food and of course went to THE concert of all concerts. And don't worry, we can still scream like 12 year old girls and I nearly went into labor at the anticipation when they were about to come onstage [you're 24 Alisa, 24!]. We danced like fat 9 month pregnant ladies [wait, that was just me], and were actually impressed to see that their dance moves and pelvic thrusts had taken a turn for the better since 1989. It was painfully funny to remember our lives back then...my favorite is when I brought up how Brittany started crying when she saw just their bus at a concert in Provo, and I was corrected that it wasn't even their bus, it was just a bus that could've been theirs. Seriously, it just doesn't get any funnier.

Anway, I am so glad I went- despite scaring my ever so supportive husband and chancing an airplane delivery- because, let's face it, there's nothing like being 12 again with the girls of your childhood...if only we'd had time for toilet papering and bra freezing...

Here are the pictures:
my dorky, I mean cool, family who loved the bean

Kristen was in heaven seeing Wrigley Field

downtown Chicago
[Kristen, Stacey, Amy, Me, Britt & Sophie]

at the concert

and the moment we'd all been waiting for...

for more background info on why on earth this concert was such a big deal to us and better descriptions of the hilarity of it all, refer to Britt's blog
[I couldn't compete with her descriptions]

10 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm not sure the pelvic thrusts were better - how do you judge "better" when it comes to pelvic thrusts? Do you want more action? Less? A little wiggle in there?

Ross and Aubrey said...

I LOVE NKOTB!!
I had a pillowcase, key chains, posters....I could go on!
What a fun trip. You deserve it!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

AWESOME!!! I am sure my mom has all my NKOTB gear from grade school.
You are daring to go THAT pregnant. I am surprised that Jordan didn't put you into labor. LOL!

Barb said...

You are too funny! I'm glad you went- it was an opportunity you could not pass up! I'm glad you didn't deliver the babe on the airplane, though! :)

Kim and Steve said...

Awesome...you guys are so cool! How about friday? or next week any day. weren't we supposed to hang out monday? love ya!

AMA and PAPA said...

I love it! How sweet to go all the way to Chicago for their concert! Let me say that you are one brave girl to hop on an airplane and be miles and miles away at this time in your pregnancy, good job! I'll be seeing them next month when they come here. You're not going to that one too are you?

AMA and PAPA said...

sorry, I'm at my parents house and didn't realize they were logged into google. That last comment was from Brooke Bowen.

Stacey said...

I miss the bean

t.t.turner said...

You are awesome. You were pretty cool before, but after I learned of your NKOTB obsession, you are officially awesome.

Unknown said...

BEAN indeed!!! I'm asking Nate if he could recreate the Jordan solo. I have the wind machine and everything just waiting.....

p.s. was that TINA TURNER that commented above me?? can we ask her about her legs?