a bit about the preggers
this is hazel practicing how to be nice to the new baby...notice how she's sucking the baby's binki though...we've got a ways to go! (;
Thank you all so much for your comments!! And to answer some of your questions, yes I have been fairly sick so far. But thanks to a supportive husband, and really helpful family and friends, I have been able to somehow survive. I was really sick with Hazel too, but it wasn't as hard then because I didn't have a toddler to chase around. Luckily, Hazel has learned how to entertain herself (sometimes) and I've learned how to follow her around the house on my back and lay where she plays. She's been so sweet too- she'll come snuggle me every once in while- which she never used to do- and every now and then when I'm having a hard day she knows just how to make me feel all better. One day I broke down and was crying on the couch and she came around the corner, put her little face about an inch away from mine- so our noses were touching- and gave me her cheesiest, biggest smile. How could I be sad after that? Love her. But it does make me wonder how anyone has more than 2 kids because it is near impossible to be a mom when you are sick 24/7 for weeks and weeks on end. Maybe they're the ones who don't get sick? Hmm... There are days I swear I'll never do this again, but that's what I said with Hazel, so what do I know? I was hoping for the "12 week cure" but it hasn't gone away yet, so that's a bummer, but I was sick until 16-17 weeks with Hazel too. Let's at least hope for that! It's all worth it though, I just have to keep reminding myself that! (:
Anyway, like I said, I couldn't have survived this without my husband who has taken such good care of me, Hazel and the house and for my friends and family who will come take Hazel for me so I can sleep or who will even come clean my house because I just can't do it. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! You truly have no idea how much your sacrifice for me means to us!! I am overwhelmed by the selflessness of those around me. I hope I can be more like you!
Most importantly, even though I've been sick, we couldn't possibly be happier about this pregnancy and we are so excited to add a new baby to our family!! We feel blessed beyond words to experience another miracle and have truly felt the Lord's hand in our lives every step of the way. We couldn't be happier!! So sick or not, I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world!
7 comments:
Oh Alisa, I almost cried when I read this because I experienced these feelings to the T. After Olivia I swore I would never do that again (I was sick the entire 9 months) and then when Liv was 10 months, I was preggo again. Just as sick, but add in a toddler to the mix and it seems TWICE as hard. I know that it feels like it will never end, but I'm here to remind you from personal experience it will. And the moment that baby comes out you'll realize all over again how worth it it is. Its so hard I know, hang in there and know that its ok to cry sometimes, its ok to ask for help and that I love you!
I hope you feel better soon! Oh and I wanted to tell you, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, yesterday :) I love you to peices!!!! oh and I am coming out in June so maybe we could visit, k love you :) and I think that picture of Hazel is so cute with the baby doll.
It will get better, I promise! I can't say that I totally know how you feel because I'm one that doesn't get sick when I'm pregnant! But there are days when I just don't feel well and want to go to bed. It passes though, as you know, so hang in there!
YES I AM COMING!!! I am coming next week. E-mail me your number, and I'll e-mail you mine and WE WILL HANG OUT. I miss you tons and tons. LOVES!
Hang in there my dear! This too will pass and until it does you are blessed to experience the compassionate side of your funny non-hugging Hazel!!! She may not cuddle but she sure can smile and melt the heart! XOXO Kari
I am so sorry that you are sick! I hope you start feeling better soon.
Post a Comment