10 MoNtHs!
Yes, sweet baby girl you are 10 months old today! You are growing and learning so much and it has been the most incredible experience to watch you develop into a little person right in front of our eyes. You bring us so much happiness- we spend so many of our days just laughing at every little thing you do. Here's what you've been up to the last month...
1. First of all, in the first week of October, you took your first steps! This, however, does not mean you're walking. You do not understand why we would make you work to get to us when you could crawl and get there twice as fast. Every now and then we can coax you into walking to us, but you don't like to do it for long. So for now, you are still very much a crawler.
2. You have this funny thing (it's grandma yoj's favorite) where when you're standing or crawling and you get excited, you point one leg out to the side and start kicking it. Kind of hard to explain but it's like a really hyper ballerina. You have also started to walk and stand on your tiptoes. We may have a dancer on our hands already.
3. You give kisses and they are our FAVORITE thing! You lean in with your mouth WIDE open and slobber us. We love it! (this is something you will only love if it's your own kid. Don't worry- I won't make her slobber you.)
4. You click your tongue. I don't know how to explain it but I'll show you when you read this later and are confused.
5. You have learned to clap. And you get so very proud of yourself when you do it. It's too cute for words.
6. When you are standing and something excites you, you start flapping your arms about as if conducting an orchestra. We need to get this on tape.
7. You follow mom around all day long. A couple weeks ago I tried to hide from you (don't judge- sometimes you'll do anything for a break) and I watched you crawl into each room of our house and look around for me before moving to the next room. Yes, you don't just see me and come crawling, you actually go around LOOKING for me and don't stop until you find me. I was laughing so hard when this happened I couldn't possibly be annoyed.
8. When it's past your bedtime and past the tantrum of being tired, you get in a very loopy- and our favorite- mood. You are totally drunken. You have no coordination, laugh hysterically at EVERYTHING, and lay on us and stay still (although I think this is just a lack of energy and coordination to move, but hey, we'll take it as snuggling). Sometimes you'll kiss us and just stay there for a few minutes- with your face smashed against our cheek. Dad and I laugh harder in these times than any others.
9. You still scare easily and unfortunately your father likes to take advantage of this. Let's just say you may be traumatized for life by the tape measurer.
11. You have your two bottom teeth and mom is sad because she is going to miss your gum-my kisses!
10. You are the happiest baby. You smile and laugh all the time- at the littlest things. You remind us to not take life too seriously. And to enjoy even the small moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment